Motogadget M-Lock RFID Ignition Lock
No hassle with keys, but just walk towards you bike and start it! Only make sure that your keychain is about 40-50mm from the m-Lock.
The M-Lock is a contact free digital ignition lock with RFID technology and substitutes mechanical ignition locks or their electrical switching feature respectively.
The associated digital key/transponder only has to be approached to the m-Lock (switching distance approx. 40-50 mm) and the ignition is switched on or off completely contact free.
The M-Lock is based on the latest RFID technology (Radio Frequency Identification) and therefore, unlike e.g. radio remote controls, tamper-proof. Each key/transponder has a unique digital code.
The M-Lock can be actuated with the correct digital code only. Key/transponder and m-Lock are absolutely free of mechanical wear.
The M-Lock switches automotive relays with a possible load of up to 40A – sufficient power for every on-board system.
The hidden mounting of the small m-Lock, covered by non-metallic parts like e.g. a plastic side panel, permits completely removing the mechanic ignition lock. Clean look and various design possibilities are guaranteed – especially for custom bikes!
The available option ‘Glass Tube’ is so small (3 x 13 mm) that it can be sewn into the glove. Please note the reduced switching distance (about 5-10 mm) of the Glass Tube transponder. The 2 included standard keys (teardrop shape) are key fob sized.
All keys/transponders are available as a replacement ‘key blank’ and can be ‘taught’ to the desired m-Lock.
NOTE: We do not recommend using the m-Lock combined with immobilizers! Contact your dealer/manufacturer for informations about the possible deactivation of the immobilizer.
Dimensions and specifications
Transmitter/receiver, diameter of installed assembly: 30 mm
Height: 14 mm
Cable length: approx. 50 cm
Weight incl. cable: approx. 30 g
Fixture: 2 x M3 threaded hole on back side
Operating voltage: 6V – 18V
Operating temperature: -20 °C… +80 °C
Whats in the box.
• m-Lock with approx..
• 50 cm connector cable
• 1 user key and 1 master key (teardrop shape)
• 1 automotive relay 12V/40A
• 4 flat pins with isolating sleeves
• removable fuse
• detailed installation and operating instructions
All advantages summarized
- RFID technology is tamper-resistant
- each key has a unique code
- the key first activates the m-Lock without touching it and then, via the relay, the entire on-board system
- neither key nor m-Lock suffer from mechanical wear
- the key requires no battery – failsafe
- no overload or scorched pins possible due to indirect switching via the 40 A main relay
- the m-Lock is very compact an can be mounted hidden in many places
- water tight and vibration resistant because of the moulded-in construction
- depending on the model, key sizes range from very small (key fob sized) to tiny (glass vial) and may be integrated into other objects like gloves, clothing, pendants (NON-METALLIC!) etc.
- keys can be easily purchased and ‘learned’ to any m-Lock – your integrated locksmith
- a switching distance of 4 – 5 cm ensures convenient switching while excluding the possibility of accidental engagement
- An integrated LED shows the status of the m-Lock while mounting, connecting and ‘teaching’ new keys